Lorraine - by Explainer


Lorraine
sung by “Explainer

Album: Man From The Ghetto, arranged by Frankie McIntosh. 1981

2023: Tune of choice | Dixieland Steel Orchestra - Trinidad & Tobago Panorama


2018 Tune of choice | Katzenjammers Steel Orchestra - Trinidad & Tobago

2014 Tune of Choice | Xpress 21 Steel Orchestra - Trinidad & Tobago


Lyrics:

Intro

Taxi, Taxi
Airport Kennedy

Verse 1

Lorraine, you better wake up
Ah need ah jet plane to take me non-stop
Ah cyah stay in New York City
When there is sunshine and pan in my country
Lions is de place with de jammin'
With Kaly-Ann and Charlie's Roots clashin'
Everyone happy partyin'
And I'm freezin' in Brooklin, Darlin'

Chorus

Lorraine doh cry ah leavin
Ah cyah miss dis jammin
With all dem steel band beatin
And woman background shakin
If de bug bite yuh baby
Then you could come and join me
Inside Catelli steelband
Jammin wit some man woman

Verse 2

Lorraine, girl take it easy
I don't mean to hurt you baby
The coldness makin me shiver
And back home, it hot like fire
That is why I say de next jet plane
Must take me to Port-of-Spain
Where all my fans are waiting
Preparing for J'Ouvert Morning, Darlin'

Chorus

Verse 3

Babe, my mind is made up
Airport Kennedy will be my next stop
Doh cry and try to convince me
Because meh suitcase done pack already
And if you start feelin lonely
And mas fever vibrating yuh body
Just make ah quick reservation
And touch down in de land of steelband, woman

Chorus

Break

Doh cry honey
Yuh go see meh Ash Wednesday

Chorus  - (repeat til end)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A look at the new panyard under construction for Desperadoes Steel Orchestra by Sharmain Baboolal

Dane Gulston - External Relations Officer of Pan Trinbago has resigned

When Steel Talks extends condolences to the family and friends of Harry Belafonte

Watch - East Region Large Conventional Steel Orchestra Preliminaries - Panyard Judging - Trinidad & Tobago National Panorama 2023

On This Day in Pan -- The Legendary Herman “Rock” Johnston

Patron of the Arts Artistic Bursary 2023 designed to assist aspiring panists across the Caribbean and beyond

Roach to be honoured with Caribbean Artistic Development award in the U.S.A.

Party At Panyard - Steelband in BELIZE