When Steel Talks (WST) extends Happy Birthday greetings to entrepreneur and panist Nevin Roach

 

Nevin Roach


June 22nd


When Steel Talks extends Birthday Greetings to panist Nevin Roach


“From a young age I used to see bands in Tobago playing on the road during Carnival. However, it wasn't until around 14 when I had my first real encounter with the steelpan, satisfying my curiosity by exploring a steelpan my sister had brought home for her to practice on. I eventually played in the T&T National Panorama after which I was fortunate to receive travel opportunities throughout the Caribbean to play in other Panoramas.” Nevin Roach

In a When Steel Talks exclusive - executive producer, entrepreneur and panist Nevin Roach shares his steelpan music vision and how his "I can do this" attitude has served him and the steelpan community very well.
See profile

Related content:



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The passing of Gary “Soup” Harrigin

Calypso’s “Kitch” of the Day

When Steel Talks (WST) extends Happy Birthday greetings to scholar and veteran panist Nyana Price

When Steel Talks extends condolences to the family and friends of veteran composer, arranger and musician extraordinaire Wayne “Birdie” Kirton - RIP

Winning Panorama arranger Victor “Babu” Samuel, Len “Boogsie” Sharpe, Patrick “Stone” Johnson and the former Honorable Prime Minister Baldwin Spence

No respect for national instrument -- TT Unified Teachers Association

When Steel Talks extends a very special Happy Birthday to administrator & organizer - Clyde Durant, president of Moods Pan Groove