Champion Panorama Drummer -- 2020 - 2016 Desperadoes Steel Orchestra - Gregory Pegus




OMG - thanks guys! This what y’all looking at here is a gift from GOD, and it’s not what you do, but is how you do it - is that makes it look easy.   

And don’t forget it’s a lot of hard work to play with the steelband, cuz it’s more people you have to look after, so your responsibility is much more ... so take your time and pay attention and you’ll find your way.”

 Desperadoes Steel Orchestra / More Sokah / Panorama Final 2020

Quick Oral Bio

“Well I’ve started playing from very young with CARIB Tokyo. That was my first band from the age of seven years old. I also played with some schools at that time - until I was able to practice with the big band.

 
“I got my first break in 1985 with the Pan Is Beautiful Music Festival - And my first time playing for the Panorama that same year. The arranger, Mr. Ray Holman told the band “I don’t want anyone else on those drums but the little guy, Gregory” LOL. After that I was on my way. The big music bands started calling me out saying, “We need you, small man” LOL.

“Then there was my first music band - Rhythm Division Zoom - that was in 1997. Then there was Delaware, Taxi, followed by Second Imij. I can’t remember the dates. Horizon, Steve Sealy and Anslem Douglas. OMG - followed by Machel Montano and Xtatic 1999, Caribbean Traffic for one year, then Bunij and the Asylum. And then, over to Desperados Steel Orchestra from 2016 to 2020. In addition BP Renegades, as well as bands in the USA. Started in 2001 with Pantonic Steel Orchestra, D’Radoes Steel Orchestra and Despers USA.”

bio by When Steel Talks

Gregory with Pantonic Steel Orchestra 2001 - Stranger

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A look at the new panyard under construction for Desperadoes Steel Orchestra by Sharmain Baboolal

Dane Gulston - External Relations Officer of Pan Trinbago has resigned

When Steel Talks extends condolences to the family and friends of Harry Belafonte

Watch - East Region Large Conventional Steel Orchestra Preliminaries - Panyard Judging - Trinidad & Tobago National Panorama 2023

On This Day in Pan -- The Legendary Herman “Rock” Johnston

Roach to be honoured with Caribbean Artistic Development award in the U.S.A.

Patron of the Arts Artistic Bursary 2023 designed to assist aspiring panists across the Caribbean and beyond

Party At Panyard - Steelband in BELIZE