When Steel Talks (WST) extends Happy Birthday greetings to educator, entertainer and panist Darius Austin

June 17th


When Steel Talks extends Birthday Greetings to panist Darius Austin


“I am Darius Austin, a 24-year-old Guyanese who has a passion for the Steelpan art form. My pan life started in 2012 when I joined the Panwave Steelpan Academy which is a youth band that focuses on teaching the instrument to schools in their area. I later went on to join their Senior band, The Parkside Steel Orchestra, of which I am still a member.” Darius Austin

Darius Austin is a member of the National Steel Orchestra. He is also the Guyana Panorama Steelpan Competition 2022 Senior Solo Champion
See profile
Related content:



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Calypso’s “Kitch” of the Day

The passing of Gary “Soup” Harrigin

When Steel Talks (WST) extends Happy Birthday greetings to scholar and veteran panist Nyana Price

When Steel Talks (WST) extends Happy Birthday greetings to scholar, director, educator, administrator, drummer, and veteran panist - Matthew Phillip

When Steel Talks extends a very special Happy Birthday to administrator & organizer - Clyde Durant, president of Moods Pan Groove

No respect for national instrument -- TT Unified Teachers Association

Former Steelpan player KEB MO from Compton to multi-Grammy winner

Who is Clive Zanda? Clive Zanda Speaks...