Jenny Gilberg - Musical Director, Educator, Composer, Performing Artist and Panist - Women's Month - Their Voice, Their Life, Their Dreams, Their Passion, Their Story

 When Steel Talks - Reboot

Meet Jenny Gilberg - UK

Celebration of Women and the Steelpan Art Form


Jenny Gilberg

“I think all the arts are connected. Music, art, dance, etc, are all media to express yourself and to be creative. I am privileged to be able to work within the arts. 

As an artist I am influenced by my life as a musician, and vice versa. There was once a time when I tried to separate the two passions, but it’s just who I am. I’ve had a number of art exhibitions in London and the North East. One of these was at Wallington Hall, a National Trust property in Northumberland, when I composed a soundscape to accompany the paintings I had on display, in which I am playing flute and pan.”  

United Kingdom - From Panorama player to music educator - she has experienced all aspects of the Pan up close and personal. Performer, arranger, and now director - the steelpan instrument is in her blood. In an exclusive interview with When Steel Talks, Jenny Gilberg of New Castle upon Tyne, UK shares how the steelpan instrument has impacted her life

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A look at the new panyard under construction for Desperadoes Steel Orchestra by Sharmain Baboolal

Dane Gulston - External Relations Officer of Pan Trinbago has resigned

When Steel Talks extends condolences to the family and friends of Harry Belafonte

Remembering Lt. Joseph Nathaniel Griffith and TASPO

Patron of the Arts Artistic Bursary 2023 designed to assist aspiring panists across the Caribbean and beyond

When Steel Talks (WST) extends Happy Birthday greetings to scholar, educator, exceptional musician, music director and champion Panorama arranger James Clarkson

PRESS CONFERENCE Hosted by PAN TRINBAGO MEMBER BANDS November 9, 2021