Glenda Gamory - President, Administrator, Band leader - Women's Month - Their Voice, Their Life, Their Dreams, Their Passion, Their Story

 When Steel Talks - Reboot

Meet Glenda Gamory - the late President of Pantonic Steel Orchestra

Celebration of Women and the Steelpan Art Form

Glenda Gamory

Brooklyn, New York, USA - At a very young age she said to her mentor - the iconic Rudolph Charles of the famed Desperadoes Steel Orchestra “Trail”, when I grow up - I want to be just like you. I want to lead a steelband, take it to Panorama and win. To which he replied - “G-Forde whatever you put your mind to you can do it.”

“It’s great when you have good people behind you... Just say I’m the chief, cook and bottle washer.”  ....Glenda Forde-Gamory

Glenda Gamory - Pantonic Steel Orchestra - UpClose

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Calypso’s “Kitch” of the Day

The passing of Gary “Soup” Harrigin

When Steel Talks (WST) extends Happy Birthday greetings to scholar and veteran panist Nyana Price

When Steel Talks extends a very special Happy Birthday to administrator & organizer - Clyde Durant, president of Moods Pan Groove

When Steel Talks (WST) extends Happy Birthday greetings to scholar, director, educator, administrator, drummer, and veteran panist - Matthew Phillip

When Steel Talks extends condolences to the family and friends of scholar, educator and panist Devon Cumberbatch

Former Steelpan player KEB MO from Compton to multi-Grammy winner

Invaders/Ambassadors - "Nah Leaving" by Christof Grant - Arranged by the late Wayne "Birdie" Kirton