When Steel Talks (WST) extends belated Happy Birthday greetings to champion Panorama drummer Richard Bailey
Richard Bailey November 8th When Steel Talks extends Birthday Greetings to veteran drummer Richard Bailey He was the winning Panorama drummer for Phase II Pan Groove in 1987 and 1988. Bailey shared his thoughts as follows, with When Steel Talks: “ Phase II [Pan Groove] is my home/family. As a kid I lived at 13 Hamilton Street, my family home and the birthplace of the ‘Phase’ - also Selwyn Tarradath, a founding member, is my first cousin. “My first Panorama was in 1979 (‘79 is mine) after returning to TnT [Trinidad & Tobago] for 4 months. As you know Panorama was cancelled after the first round. I didn’t play again until 1986 (Pan Rising). From then on, I played every year up to the mid-nineties. “As for my greatest challenge - I don’t recall having one; I was having a ball playing great music by Dr. Len “Boogsie” Shar...
Comments
Post a Comment