‘Calling Meh’ - sung by Destra Garcia


2023: Tune of choice | Panosonic Connection - Trinidad & Tobago Panorama

Lyrics

VERSE
I am addicted to pan
My darling please understand
When dem tenors tuning
I does forget everything I doing
If ya hear how my ears and them ringing
This music does make me feel to wine... down low, I have to go

CHORUS
The melody, it calling me
A rhythm, calling
Bacchanal, calling me
Panorama, calling me
Savannah, calling me... leh we go
I would help it if I can
But i have to meet the band
Cause I love steelpan, I love pan

VERSE
Imagine something so sweet
Some say it sweeter than meat
And when they start playing
If you see de energy start rising
Dem fellas does have de people pumping
If ya see de North Stand start to wine... down low, I have to go

CHORUS

JAM
Jump up (jump up, jump up, but we going to tear dis place up boy)
Hands up (hands up, hands up, hey keep jumping up, keep up)
Jump up (jump up, jump up, but we just can't stop de waving boy)
Hands up (hands up, hands up, flags in de air)

VERSE
Man ya could come go and see
In case ya doh believe me
When ya hear de bass drum
And ya see de way it move my bottom
And how de music does caress my eardrum
Ya go be the first in line to wine... down low, man come and go

CHORUS
Repeat and fade with pan solo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A look at the new panyard under construction for Desperadoes Steel Orchestra by Sharmain Baboolal

Dane Gulston - External Relations Officer of Pan Trinbago has resigned

When Steel Talks extends condolences to the family and friends of Harry Belafonte

Patron of the Arts Artistic Bursary 2023 designed to assist aspiring panists across the Caribbean and beyond

Watch - East Region Large Conventional Steel Orchestra Preliminaries - Panyard Judging - Trinidad & Tobago National Panorama 2023

No respect for national instrument -- TT Unified Teachers Association

New York Steelband Panorama is a different animal

Roach to be honoured with Caribbean Artistic Development award in the U.S.A.