When Steel Talks (WST) extends Happy Birthday greetings to scholar and veteran panist Nyana Price

Nyana Price

 October 14th

When Steel Talks extends Birthday Greetings to panist Nyana Price

“I remember going to Sesame Flyers’ Saturday program, I was 9 years old. That’s where I met Marc Brooks, K.J., and a few others who are still around now. I started off playing tenor there actually until I started playing with Sonatas. I was too shy to be in the tenor section with people I didn’t know at the time so I went to double tenor with Marc.” -- Nyana Price

Although she is young in age she is a veteran panist and represents one of New York’s most talented and finest musicians. In an exclusive interview with When Steel Talks - panist and performing artist Nyana Price shares her reflections, experiences and views on Pan, and the steelpan art form overall.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Calypso’s “Kitch” of the Day

The passing of Gary “Soup” Harrigin

Soca Vocalist “Blaxx” has passed

Roach to be honoured with Caribbean Artistic Development award in the U.S.A.

Artist biography Wilbert "Junior" Gill

1976 - Lord Kitchener - Pan in Harmony - Desperadoes Steel Orchestra

When Steel Talks extends a very special Happy Birthday to administrator & organizer - Clyde Durant, president of Moods Pan Groove