When Steel Talks (WST) extends Happy Birthday greetings to scholar and ace panist Shannon Mc David
June 11th
When Steel Talks extends Birthday Greetings to panist Shannon Mc David
Shannon Mc David
“I must say performing on a Panorama stage is the most invigorating experience. I feel such a thrill - like there’s an energy running through my veins the second the stick touches the pan. It’s like electricity. For me, playing pan (or music) is like entering a new world....While I’m playing I listen to everything from the iron man to the tenors; so every run, every drop, every hit of the iron drives me. I often laughed when people told me I was dancing out of time sometimes but I knew that I was dancing to someone else’s part.”
She is a scholar, an intellect, a serious practitioner of the performing arts. This, in addition to being a budding scientist and of course a panist, who knows a thing or two about winning Panorama performances - as a member of both the 2009 & 2010 champions Silver Stars Steel Orchestra - and the 2018 Renegades Steel Orchestra. In an exclusive interview with When Steel Talks - Shannon Mc David shares her feelings, experiences, expectations and passion for the steelpan instrument, its music, the art form and more.


Comments
Post a Comment