Natasha Isaac - Panist - Women's Month - Their Voice, Their Life, Their Dreams, Their Passion, Their Story

 

Natasha Isaac

Meet Natasha Isaac - Brooklyn, New York

Celebration of Women and the Steelpan Art Form


“My grandfather [Steve “Shart” Edwards] used to play “traps” for Solo Harmonites and my cousin used to play with Caribbean Youth Panoramics (C.Y.P.), but I was never really interested in pan until I was in middle school (Philippa Schuyler). There I started playing and decided I wanted to play outside of school.”-- Natasha Isaac

Brooklyn New York - She truly has ‘Pan in her DNA...’ In an exclusive, WST speaks to one of Brooklyn's finest - Natasha Isaac

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Calypso’s “Kitch” of the Day

The passing of Gary “Soup” Harrigin

When Steel Talks (WST) extends Happy Birthday greetings to scholar and veteran panist Nyana Price

When Steel Talks extends a very special Happy Birthday to administrator & organizer - Clyde Durant, president of Moods Pan Groove

When Steel Talks (WST) extends Happy Birthday greetings to scholar, director, educator, administrator, drummer, and veteran panist - Matthew Phillip

When Steel Talks extends condolences to the family and friends of scholar, educator and panist Devon Cumberbatch

Former Steelpan player KEB MO from Compton to multi-Grammy winner

Invaders/Ambassadors - "Nah Leaving" by Christof Grant - Arranged by the late Wayne "Birdie" Kirton